Instructions & Tips
Connect a high-quality microphone to your PC (if you have a built-in microphone it might be good enough).
1) Click the Start button (or press the "ESC" key).
2) For the first time only: Your browser will popup a request for you to allow the site to listen to your mic. Click "Allow".
3) Start dictating. Speak slowly and clearly. Space your words and emphasize correct diction for better results.
You can use these phrases to add punctuation to your text:
- Exclamation point
- Question mark
- New line
- New paragraph
Note: Punctuation works in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, and Russian.
Most common causes for failures are:
1) Hardware problem with the microphone
2) The browser is not Chrome
3) Permission to listen not granted (little red cross appears over the camera icon at the end of the address bar) or Chrome listens to the wrong microphone
To fix it, you should click on the camera icon in the browser's address bar and there set the permission to Allow SpeechTexter and pick the correct microphone from the drop-down list.