1. Connect a high-quality microphone to your PC (if you have a built-in microphone it might be good enough).
2. Make sure there is no background noise and the microphone is set as default audio input on your browser.
Note: You must have Chrome browser installed on your PC or Mac. Continuous voice recognition is not supported by mobile Chrome browser and other desktop browsers.
3) Click the Start button (or press the "ESC" key).
4) For the first time only: Your browser will request for an access to your mic. Click "Allow".
5) Start dictating. Speak slowly and clearly. Space your words and emphasize correct diction for better results.
Most common causes for failures are:
To fix it, you should click on the "Secure" button, next to browser's address bar and set the permission for microphone to "Allow".
If you have allowed microphone access and still can't see your dictated speech appear on the screen make sure you have set the correct audio input in Chrome's settings.
You can find it by going to: Settings >> Advanced >> Content Settings >> Microphone >> Choose the microphone you will use.