1. Connect a high-quality microphone to your PC (if you have a built-in microphone it might be good enough).
2. Make sure there is no background noise and the microphone is set as default audio input on your browser.
Note: You must have Chrome browser installed on your PC or Mac. Continuous voice recognition is not supported by mobile Chrome browser and other desktop browsers.
3) Click the Start button (or press the "ESC" key).
4) For the first time only: Your browser will request for an access to your mic. Click "Allow".
5) Start dictating. Speak slowly and clearly. Space your words and emphasize correct diction for better results.
You can use these phrases to add punctuation to your text:
Punctuation works in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, and Russian.
Note: You must use punctuation commands immediately after a word or a sentence for them to be converted into punctuation marks, otherwise make a pause and they will be written as words.
Most common causes for failures are:
To fix it, you should click on the camera icon in the browser's address bar and there set the permission to Allow SpeechTexter and pick the correct microphone from the drop-down list.