SpeechTexter for Android (4.4 KitKat and above)
SpeechTexter for Chrome browser (for desktop only)
To try it, open this page using the Chrome browser for desktop
SpeechTexter is a free professional multilingual speech-to-text application aimed at assisting you with transcription of any type of documents, books, reports, blog posts, etc by using your voice. SpeechTexter's custom dictionary allows adding short commands for inserting frequently used data (punctuation marks, phone numbers, addresses, etc)
Voice-to-text software is exceptionally valuable for people who have difficulty using their hands due to trauma, people with dyslexia or disabilities that limit the use of conventional input devices.
This technology is supported by Chrome browser (for desktop only) and Android OS. Other browsers (including Chrome for mobile) have not implemented speech recognition yet.
SpeechTexter is used daily by students, teachers, writers, bloggers, news reporters around the world.
It will assist you in minimizing your writing efforts significantly.
Accuracy levels higher than 90% should be expected (around 95% for the English US).
It can also be used as a tool for learning a proper pronunciation of words in the foreign language, in addition to helping a person develop fluency with their speaking skills.
List of supported languages:
Afrikaans, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu.
Instructions for Chrome browser (for desktop) web app:
1. Connect a high-quality microphone to your computer.
2. Make sure your microphone is set as default recording device on your browser.
3. On the right corner you can click the button to select the language you would like to speak.
4. Click the "Start button". For the first time Chrome browser will request your permission to access the microphone. Choose "allow".
5. You may speak now![ need more help? ]
Instructions for Android app:
1. Choose your language by tapping the button with language code at the top right corner.
2. Tap the microphone button and give permission to access your microphone for capturing your speech.
3. Now you are ready to start speaking.